Open Education

Using social media to connect with a community of learnersĀ Previous education is in a frame that has many restrictions on learning academic knowledge. In the past, men can go to school while women cannot in some countries. Also, the upper class can go to school while the lower class cannot. However, nowadays education becomes more popular than before. Most people have the right to learn. Compared to traditional education, open education is flexible. For example, it open to everyone. Also, the resource open to everyone as well. I think online learning is suited to on-campus learning for open education. It is because online learning is more flexible than on-campus learning. I think learning should not be limited by age, area, and economic condition. Open education is a platform that satisfies these kinds of conditions. For example, it does not limit peopleā€™s age. It is for everyone willing to learn. Also, it does not limit peopleā€™s area. For example, if I am in China, I can still learn by sharing a resource or connected community. Besides, open education is free. This is good for people who want to learn and hard to afford tuition. For example, as an international student, we pay the expensive tuition on the on-campus course. However, we can also learn something outside of school from open education. Open education promotes the development of education. As we can see, in the past education has lots of restrictions. However, it promotes too many people who can enjoy educating. And then, there is an online learning course. Besides, open education appears which is more flexible. Thus, the types of education are appearing. It means more new modalities of education will keep being created in the future. It is a kind of revolution of education.